CoDaS is a joint M.Sc. program offered by three European universities: Aalto University, Grenoble INP Institute of Engineering, and Técnico Lisboa (University Lisboa). Each Partner University will recruit students for the 1st year of the program according to their quota, following their usual admission processes. Then, the students will go for the 2nd year of the program to another Partner University. For instance, the student that enrols in Aalto University for the 1st year, will go either to Grenoble INP Institute of Engineering or Técnico Lisboa for the 2nd year.
This Programme covers a range of timely industry topics relevant to modern fields of engineering consisting of competences from electrical engineering, automation, programming, communications, data science, artificial intelligence and machine learning, network security, and Internet of Things.
Students will acquire expertise in a range of techniques covering the broad areas of mathematics, modelling and analysis of signals and systems, data science, artificial intelligence, security, networks and distributed systems.
During their studies, students will also acquire expertise in other areas, such as project planning and management, teamwork and coordination, entrepreneurship, critical thinking and sustainability. The Program will empower students to solve industry-relevant problems employing cutting-edge tools of artificial intelligence, automation and control theory, data analytics, network security, wireless systems, distributed systems and signal processing. Students will be trained in the design and analysis of machine learning models and communication systems, advance their knowledge in the broad field of computer networks and cybersecurity, and gain professional experience through tailored industry-relevant projects and entrepreneurship trainings.
The expertise gained through the Program features diverse programming skills, good mathematical background, goal-oriented problem solving, as well as efficient project planning and management. In particular, students will boast competences in:
- emerging communication technologies: students will learn from experts in the domain of communication and networking;
- cutting-edge automation competences: the Program boasts theoretical skills and practical expertise at the crossroads of communications and data science;
- emerging information technologies: students will learn from experts in evolving information technologies that define the future in industry and society;
- network security: security is the weak spot in many contemporary technologies, so students will learn to lead the transition of the industry towards security and privacy by design and by default in all types of networks, and more specifically in IoT;
- distributed computer networks: distributed systems have become the norm and are ubiquitously deployed through IoT, so students will learn to command the tools to manage future distributed networks of an unprecedented scale;
- artificial intelligence in networking: data science has found its place in many areas of engineering in recent years and is increasingly dominating also networking domains, students being trained to possess a broad range of tools to structure and analyse huge data sets and to extract meaning from patterns, as well as to appreciate the value created by collecting, communicating, coordinating and leveraging the data from connected devices;
- programming skills: students will gather practical programming expertise in a range of industry-relevant languages;
- project and team working: students will collect practical experience through projects in relation with industry.
The objectives of the joint CoDaS M.Sc. are the following:
- to strengthen student education in the key area of Communications Engineering and Data Science with foreseen major future impact,
- to contribute to the graduation of engineers in the already much needed area of the degree, putting together the competences of telecommunications and data analysis,
- to offer a variety of courses on complementary specializations at the Partners: 5G and Automation at Aalto U., Data Science and 5G at Técnico Lisboa, and CyberSecurity at Grenoble INP Institute of Engineering,
- to address current and future challenges related to Information and Communication Technologies and sustainable development,
- to contribute to the goals of the European Union Digital Strategy.
How to apply?
The program targets international students, not only within Europe, but also from other regions, such as from Asia, Africa, North America and Latin America, besides the national ones from the participating Universities’ countries. Students should have a B.Sc. in a technical area in computer science, computer engineering, or electrical and computer engineering. Good mathematical background is required as many course in Data Science and AI rely on mathematics.
Candidate students need to apply at the chosen partner university:
The initial target is 10 students / year / University.
The Tuition Fees are defined by at each Partner University. The students will pay the fees at the Partner in which they register for the 1st Year.